The U.S. Office of Compliance, charged with “advancing safety, health, and workplace rights”, as well as several other organizations concerned with asbestos and the dangers of exposure, report the following with regards to asbestos:
- Asbestos Refers to a group of fibrous, heat-resistant minerals
- Asbestos was once a common ingredient in American construction materials
- Asbestos can still be found in a myriad of homes, schools, industrial and commercial buildings.
- Asbestos was once used in more than 3,000 consumer products, including common household items such as toasters and hair dryers, some of which may still be in use.
- Its peak use occurred from 1930 – 1970
- Microscopic fibers can become trapped in the body, causing disease over time
- Asbestos is a “known human carcinogen,” having been linked with Asbestos Cancer
- US Navy veterans who served during World War II and the Korean Conflict have the highest incidence of these diseases.
- The longer an individual is exposed to Asbestos, the more likely an individual is to develop mesothelioma cancer or another asbestos disease
- 10,000 Americans will die this year from Asbestos-related Diseases.
- 200,000 people are currently living with asbestosis.
- Asbestos is still mined in several countries throughout the world, including Canada, and is exported to many industrialized and developing countries.
IF YOU ARE WORRIED THAT YOU MAY HAVE ASBESTOS IN YOUR HOME, CALL OUR CERTIFIED EXPERTS 24/7 AT 910-426-4956