If you uncover what you think may be asbestos in your home, it is important to follow these steps:
- STOP work immediately.
- Leave the Asbestos alone!
- Minimize the spread of contamination to other areas.
- Keep exposures as low as you can.
- Don’t eat, drink or smoke in the work area.
- Call in an Asbestos testing expert immediately
Because asbestos can’t be seen with the naked eye, materials must be submitted to an EPA-certified laboratory for testing prior to a remodel. Even removing a sample to send to the EPA requires stringent precautions, and in many states it is illegal to do sample removal yourself.
We will remove the suspected asbestos from your home, following EPA standards and protocols, and send the sample for testing, all without placing your home or your family at risk.